If you can never find what you want when looking for sewing patterns, maybe it’s time to have a go at pattern cutting and design your own! Pattern cutting is a valuable and useful skill that will enable you to draft patterns to your own measurements. No more tweaking and fiddling around with bought patterns to get them to fit. There will be no more than 4 people on this course so you will get lots of help and guidance. WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR? Anyone who has used dressmaking patterns and is interested in designing their own clothes. You will get the most out of the course if you can do the following:
- use a sewing machine
- read a dressmaking pattern
- basic arithmetic with or without a calculator.
WHAT WILL I BE ABLE TO DO BY THE END OF THE COURSE?
- take an accurate set of body measurements
- draft a skirt and trouser block to your own measurements
- make and fit a calico toile (sample garment)
- make some simple style adaptations to a basic block
- make a pattern and toile from your own design for a skirt or trousers.
NOTE – this course teaches flat pattern cutting techniques, not draping on the stand. Tues 18th to Fri 21st August | 10am – 4pm | £550 Only 4 places available so don’t miss out! Ring 01273 693451 or email email@example.com to book your place. (A 50% non-refundable deposit confirms your place with the balance due by 17th July.)
Tutor: Wendy Ward