For more information or to book your place contact Wendy on 01273 693451 or email miyworkshop[at]gmail.com
UPDATE 5/2/19: MIY Workshop is on the move! Find out more here.
WEEKLY SEWING & DRESSMAKING
Whether you’re a complete sewing novice; have got as far as buying a sewing machine that’s now gathering dust in a cupboard; or are a more experienced sewer in need of a bit of help with a new project, a few classes can help set you off in the right direction and boost your confidence. Come along and make clothes, accessories, do your own alterations, or whatever takes your fancy!
All MIY Collection sewing patterns and all patterns from all of my books “The Beginner’s Guide to Dressmaking” “A Beginner’s Guide to Making Skirts” and “A Beginner’s Guide to Sewing With Knitted Fabrics” are available for students to use in classes at no extra cost.
All classes are open to everyone regardless of previous experience.
Remember, you can work on whatever you want at these classes, which could be anything from (and not limited to!):
- learning how to use a sewing machine
- copying a garment you already own
- learning how to use a sewing pattern
- making more challenging garments like coats and jackets
- learning some tailoring basics
- sewing with stretch knit (jersey) fabrics
- making kids and baby clothes
- making accessories such as purses and bags
- learning how to adapt and fit patterns.
You don’t have to stick to the same class each week, you can swap and change times and days (subject to availability).
- Held at MIY Workshop (33 North Rd, Brighton, in the North Laine).
- Class size limited to just 5 people.
- 3 Weekly Class Times: Tuesday & Thursday evenings 6.30-8.30pm and Friday mornings 10am-12pm
- £50 for 2 classes payable before you attend your first class. Your 2 sessions must be used within 2 weeks of your first class.
Find out more about your teacher here.
Here’s what previous students have had to say:
“Clear instructions from a patient teacher!”
“Fantastic experience, great teacher, useful skills learned.”
“I loved the fact that we were taken through each thing step-by-step which made it easy to understand.”
Read what other students have thought of classes here.
If you are thinking of booking a class please make sure you read the Classes – important info section of my website which contains important information about cancellations. Thanks!