Now available for booking (scroll down for full details):
C&G Fashion 7160 (02) Level 2 Award
Pattern Cutting for Skirts & Trousers
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Anyone who has used dressmaking patterns and is interested in designing their own clothes. You will get the most out of the course if you can do the following:
- use a sewing machine
- read a dressmaking pattern
- basic arithmetic with or without a calculator.
THERE WILL ONLY BE A MAXIMUM OF 4 STUDENTS PER COURSE MEANING PLENTY OF 1-2-1 HELP FROM THE TUTOR.
WHAT IS COVERED ON THE COURSE:
Your final assessment will be based on a folio of your work, there is no written exam. The course will cover the following:
- drafting a basic skirt and trouser block
- making a toile (sample garment) for the 2 blocks
- making fit adjustments to toiles
- looking at the historical, cultural and contemporary design of skirts and trousers
- producing your own design for a skirt or trousers
- making a pattern for your own design
- making a toile for your own design.
WHAT WILL I BE ABLE TO DO BY THE END OF THE COURSE?
- adjust patterns to get a better fit
- use research to produce your own designs
- use templates to draw up your own design ideas
- understand the basics of pattern cutting and basic style adaptations
- take accurate body measurements
- understand how to choose the best fabric for your designs
- plan the making of a garment and understand the costs involved.
WILL THIS COURSE HELP ME GET A JOB IN FASHION?
If you’re interested in pursuing a career within the fashion industry or setting up your own business, a City & Guilds course is a nationally recognised qualification focussed on the practical skills needed in that industry. This qualification is endorsed by Creative Skillset (the Sector Skills Council for creative industries)
Following a structured, nationally recognised course will demonstrate your interest and commitment to potential employers.
35 hours of teaching with a choice of daytime OR weekend:
10 Tuesdays 10am – 1.30pm:
Feb 5th, 12th, 26th / March 12th, 19th, 26th / April 16th, 23rd, 30th / May 7th
6 Saturdays 10am – 4pm:
Feb 2nd & 16th / March 2nd / April 20th / May 4th & 11th
£300 course fee
£35 C&G registration fee.