MIY Workshop has a reputation for being the best studio in Brighton to learn dressmaking and we’re looking for a freelance Dressmaking Tutor to join the team and maintain that reputation.
The position initially is to cover existing tutor Zoe’s maternity leave from August 16 to March 17, however, there may also be the possibility of the position becoming more permanent for the right person.
Want to join the MIY Workshop team and teach some fortnightly sewing and dressmaking classes to super keen and enthusiastic adult learners?
Here’s what you can expect:
- Fully equipped bright airy studio across 2 rooms
- All classes are limited to just 5 students
- Industry quality card patterns available to use
- Access to using a whole library of teaching resources
- Central Brighton location in the North Laine close to public transport routes
- Current model Janome sewing machines, updated every 18 months
- Use of 2.4m long cutting table at the correct height for comfortable cutting
- Freelance basis paid weekly.
- An experienced teacher?
- An experienced dressmaker?
- A qualified teacher?
- Enthusiastic, down-to-earth and friendly?
- Patient and calm?
- Reliable and punctual?
Is this you?! If so, get in touch with me, Wendy Ward, to arrange a meeting. Emails only please at this stage: