My baby is a year old already. To celebrate I will be holding a little gathering at the workshop on Friday 1st February from 7pm to 9pm.
In addition to generally celebrating a year of MIY Workshop I thought it was about time I did something I’ve been meaning to do for ages – a Sewing Swap. An idea first floated by a student of mine, ooooo a good 6 months or more ago!!
So, does this look familiar?
Come on admit your guilty secret, we’ve all done it – I’ll bet all of you have got one or all of the following:
- a growing pile of fabrics waiting for “the perfect project”
- a groaning bookshelf full of sewing books you’ve never opened
- a box full of sewing patterns that you’ll “get round to making one day”.
Well, spring is on the way so why not have a good old clear out?
Bring along the things you’re really never likely to use, swap them for things that are more up your street and make a bit of room so that you can get stuck into some new projects this year.
It will work like this:
- swap fabric for fabric (no scraps please, minimum 1m lengths only)
- swap books for books
- swap patterns for patterns.
Pretty straightforward really! Look forward to seeing you there.
Remember, it’s a birthday celebration too, it won’t be compulsory to take part in the Sewing Swap!