PATTERN CUTTING FOR BEGINNERS & IMPROVERS
If you can never find what you want when looking for sewing patterns, maybe it’s time to have a go at pattern cutting and design your own!
Pattern cutting is a valuable and useful skill which will enable you to draft patterns to your own measurements. No more tweaking and fiddling around with bought patterns to get them to fit.
Beginners will start with skirts. Students that have previous pattern cutting experience will move onto trousers or bodices.
There will be no more than 4 people on this course so you will get lots of help and guidance.
6 week course £90 Tuesdays 11-1pm | Sept’ 11th, 18th, 25th, Oct’ 2nd, 9th, 16th
4 week course £90 Saturdays 10-1pm | October 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Anyone who has used dressmaking patterns and is interested in designing their own clothes.
You will get the most out of the course if you can do the following:
• use a sewing machine
• read a dressmaking pattern
• basic arithmetic with or without a calculator.
WHAT WILL I BE ABLE TO DO BY THE END OF THE COURSE?
• take an accurate set of body measurements
• draft a skirt (or trouser or bodice block) to your own measurements
• make and fit a calico toile (sample garment)
• make some simple style adaptations to a basic block
• make a pattern and toile from your own design.
NOTE – this course teaches flat pattern cutting techniques, not draping on the stand.
To book a place contact Wendy at MIY Workshop, 33 North Road, Brighton BN1 1YB, email miyworkshop[at]gmail.com or ring 01273 693451 or 775951.