If you can never find what you want when looking for sewing patterns, maybe it’s time to have a go at pattern cutting and design your own!
Pattern cutting is a valuable and useful skill which will enable you to draft patterns to your own measurements. No more tweaking and fiddling around with bought patterns to get them to fit.
The first course starts with skirts. There will be no more than 4 people on this course so you will get lots of help and guidance.
5 week course £85.
Dates: Every Tuesday 12-2pm | June 26, July 3,10,17,24
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Anyone who has used dressmaking patterns and is interested in designing their own clothes. You will get the most out of the course if you can do the following:
- use a sewing machine
- read a dressmaking pattern
- basic arithmetic with or without a calculator.
WHAT WILL I BE ABLE TO DO BY THE END OF THE COURSE?
- take an accurate set of body measurements
- draft a skirt block to your own measurements
- make and fit a calico toile (sample garment)
- make some simple style adaptations to a basic skirt block
- make a skirt pattern and toile from your own design.
NOTE – this course teaches flat pattern cutting techniques, not draping on the stand.
To book your place contact Wendy by email: miyworkshop[at]gmail.com or ring: 01273 693451 or 775951.