C&G Fashion 7160 (02) Level 2 Award 214 Pattern Cutting for Skirts & Trousers
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Anyone who has used dressmaking patterns and is interested in designing their own clothes. You will get the most out of the course if you can do the following:
- use a sewing machine
- read a dressmaking pattern
- basic arithmetic with or without a calculator.
THERE WILL ONLY BE A MAXIMUM OF 4 STUDENTS PER COURSE MEANING PLENTY OF 1-2-1 HELP FROM THE TUTOR.
WHAT IS COVERED ON THE COURSE:
Your final assessment will be based on a folio of your work, there is no written exam. The course will cover the following:
- drafting a basic skirt and trouser block
- making a toile (sample garment) for the 2 blocks
- making fit adjustments to toiles
- looking at the historical, cultural and contemporary design of skirts and trousers
- producing your own design for a skirt or trousers
- making a pattern for your own design
- making a toile for your own design.
WHAT WILL I BE ABLE TO DO BY THE END OF THE COURSE?
- adjust patterns to get a better fit
- use research to produce your own designs
- use templates to draw up your own design ideas
- understand the basics of pattern cutting and basic style adaptations
- take accurate body measurements
- understand how to choose the best fabric for your designs
- plan the making of a garment and understand the costs involved.
WILL THIS COURSE HELP ME GET A JOB IN FASHION?
If you’re interested in pursuing a career within the fashion industry or setting up your own business, a City & Guilds course is a nationally recognised qualification focussed on the practical skills needed in that industry. This qualification is endorsed by Creative Skillset (the Sector Skills Council for creative industries)
Following a structured, nationally recognised course will demonstrate your interest and commitment to potential employers.
5 day Summer School 10-5.30pm (35 hours teaching):
Monday 4th to Friday 8th August
£300 course fee
£35 C&G registration fee.
GET IN TOUCH WITH WENDY ON 01273 693451 or EMAIL miyworkshop[AT]gmail.com TO BOOK OR FIND OUT MORE.
If you are thinking of booking onto a course please make sure you read the Classes – important info section of my website, thanks!