C&G Fashion 7160 (02) Level 2 Award 213 Pattern Cutting for One-Piece Garments
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
You will get the most out of the course if you can do the following:
- use a sewing machine and read a dressmaking pattern
- draft a skirt and/or trouser block
- basic arithmetic with or without a calculator.
There will be a maximum of 4 people on this course.
WHAT IS COVERED ON THE COURSE?
Your final assessment will be based on a folio of your work, there is no written exam. The course will cover the following:
- drafting a bodice and sleeve block
- joining bodice and skirt/trouser blocks to make one-piece blocks
- making a toile (sample garment)
- making fit adjustments to toiles
- looking at the historical, cultural and contemporary design of one-piece garments
- producing your own design for a one-piece garment
- making a pattern for your own design
- making a toile for your own design.
WHAT WILL I BE ABLE TO DO BY THE END OF THE COURSE?
- adjust patterns to get a better fit
- use research to produce your own designs
- use templates to draw up your own design ideas
- understand the basics of pattern cutting and basic style adaptations
- take accurate body measurements
- understand how to choose the best fabric for your designs
- plan the making of a garment and understand the costs involved.
WILL THIS COURSE HELP ME GET A JOB IN FASHION?
If you’re interested in pursuing a career within the fashion industry or setting up your own business, a City & Guilds course is a nationally recognised qualification focussed on the practical skills needed in that industry. This qualification is endorsed by Creative Skillset (the Sector Skills Council for creative industries)
Following a structured, nationally recognised course will demonstrate your interest and commitment to potential employers.
12 Tuesdays (every other week) 10-1.30pm (42 hours teaching):
2014 September 23rd | October 21st | November 11th 25th | December 9th
2015 January 6th 20th | February 3rd 24th | March 10th 24th | April 14th
£420 course fee
£35 C&G registration fee.
GET IN TOUCH WITH WENDY ON 01273 693451 or EMAIL miyworkshop[AT]gmail.com TO BOOK OR FIND OUT MORE.
If you are thinking of booking onto a course please make sure you read the Classes – important info section of my website, thanks!